Sunday, June 13, 2010

Swinging






Late Wednesday, while waiting for a soccer game I was photographing to begin, I was talking to one of the players and shooting wide angle shots of the field and noticed a lady pushing her daughter on a swing. They seemed to be enjoying themselves and thought it would make a good image, so I struck up a conversation with her and asked her if I could take a few of them (rule 1: be friendly). She asked what it was for and I said they seemed to having such fun that I thought it would make a good image for my photo blog but I was really here to photograph the soccer games that were going on that evening (rule 2: be sincere). She said sure. We had a nice conversation about how kids never tire of swings but sometimes our arms do, and I got some nice images (rule 3: engage with your subject and be real). Most people are pretty open to having their picture taken if they know your intentions are artistic in nature (rule 4: don't be creepy!) and the Leica is a far less imposing camera then a big SLR like the Nikon N90, so it's "friendlier".

Hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment