Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Softball Trifecta





So this is the third team from the same company. They play on a different night, but my task was to get images of all three teams, so last night I went out and got it done. I did get the requisite pictures of people hitting the ball and running to first base, but after that I decided to try to get something different. In my mind I see a great image of shooting through the backstop (manually focused of course as the auto-focus will pick up the chain link fencing and not the people behind it) and getting the pitcher kinda over the catcher's (or umpire's) shoulder. I didn't quite get the image I saw in my head, but trying a new idea is a good way to keep yourself fresh. I used my usual sports setup, the Nikon D90 with the 70-300 AFS VR. I sometimes think that's all I need to bring to a game, but occasionally I am feeling a wide or a prime. I hope you enjoyed these images as much as I enjoyed searching for them on a field during a runaway game!

Oh... the green team won!

No comments:

Post a Comment