Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Drive down Hwy 42 on the Solstice






On my way home from Clayton, I travel down highway 42 and always pass this farm which has these huge bales of hay sitting in the pasture. I often tell myself that there were some great images to be had there as I drive by at 45MPH (or maybe a little more) but never stop. Last night, however, I decided to avoid the regret and stopped for a few minutes with my Leica M8 and used several lenses to see what I could do about it. It was nearly sunset on the longest day of the year, and the light was gorgeous. Too much cannot be said about the importance of good light! Anyway, these are some of the best. I figure I will figure out a plan after looking at these and go back and reshoot for greater effect. I guess this was my scouting mission!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Dude I have to take you and your camera to Virginia sometime, the shots you could take!

    ReplyDelete