Sunday, June 13, 2010

Con-graduations!






A graduation party is a good chance to practice your available light /low light photography skills (assuming your equipment is up to the challenge!) One of the strengths of My Leica M8 and it's lenses is they are fast enough to capture images without flash using only the light streaming in through the window. I love how you get the subtle interplay between how light falls on a face and the areas of shadow that you lose with a full flash shot (and diminish with fill flash). It was a great afternoon and I hope I captured some of the fun and love that was there.

I had a friend who used to say, "there are 2 types of photographers: Sports Illustrated and National Geographic, now which one are you?" I assume he meant stylistically. While most of my images are of one sort, my passion is truly for the other! can you guess which is which? (also: which one was Ansel Adams; all of those "two types of...." things fall apart I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment