Monday, June 7, 2010

Yates Mill (Part 1 of 4)





I went to Yates Mill last Saturday because it is a beautifully restored mill with some historical significance and has water, wood, trees, stone and other things of interest. I packed along my Leica M8 and a few lenses that I wished to compare in terms of sharpness, image rendering, and most importantly to me, what I am drawn to when I have it on the camera.

I often feel the lens on the camera makes you see differently, and while this is certainly true on a SLR, like a Nikon D90, there is really no reason it should be so on a range-finder. This is because even though you have frame lines to tell you where the image will stop being captured, you still see the entire scene (it does not zoom in and out as you change lenses). I figure I would post each lens separately and let you decide. Granted I was in slightly different places , as I did not shoot each lens at each location, but that is also part of the journey, what if I had only brought the one lens?

First up: the Voigtlander 15mm/4.5 Super Wide Heliar!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment