Saturday, March 1, 2014

Beijing: The Forbidden City

...so, of course, I had to go there!

it took 2 changes of the subway to get there, but it was surprisingly awesome to walk up the stairs from the subway and see the walls of the Forbidden City and the portrait of Chairman Mao. It like it was difficult to believe that I could ever actually be in such a place. It was almost like standing on the moon: it was real and somehow also feels unreal at the same time. The next thing that struck me was the sheer number of people there. It was such a great mass of humanity that it made me smile.

These are images that I took with a wide angle lens so it is mostly the exteriors and overall context. I shot these with one M8 and a 15mm Voigtlander Ultra Wide Heliar lens. I used my other M8 and a 40mm voigtlander Nokton as well, but I will post them separately.











I found it really strange to find a portable basketball court in the Forbidden City!





















No comments:

Post a Comment