Monday, March 24, 2014

Beijing: 798 Art District

On the first snow day of the year,  ZhangYan and I went to the 798 Art District. I had never heard of it, but she said it was "world famous" so I decided that it must bee similar to the World's Series in baseball where only one or two countries participate.

It turns out that I was wrong in that I heard lots of people speaking in German and we ate lunch at a New Zealand themed restaurant.

The only regret I had on the day was that we went to the bookstore which had lots of books on photography, but I did not find a book that I liked that had contrasty black and white photography or punchy color photography from chinese artists in the 20th century. I think that either  it is not a popular topic for their students, or they already know them all, or possibly that China's history made individually famous photographers more rare.



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment