Saturday, March 15, 2014

Beijing: Don't you monkey with the monkey!

Near the panda enclosure was a cage with a monkey in it, and as I was walking up , I noticed there were smears on the inside of the glass. Apparently a lady in the crowd with me did notice, so she stood with her back to the glass so she could be photographed. The monkey noticed her and began to move towards her. I saw him picking up speed and kept shooting. I missed the impact with the glass because there were people in the way, but the sound was impressive. Equally as impressive was the ladies scream. It was primal and instinctual and it was almost as if she could feel the teeth sinking into her.... and then everyone laughed as they realized what had happened.

Goes to show: you should never turn your back to a monkey!









No comments:

Post a Comment