Monday, July 12, 2010

500 Block Hillsboro Street






One of my Favorite places in Raleigh to go was the 500 block of Hillsboro Street in Raleigh. It is the home of John Montgomery Violins and was the home of Marsh Woodwinds before they moved. As I play violin, viola, saxophone and oboe (among other things) I always loved to go down there to find new reeds, mouthpieces, rosin or strings. Both places had a ton of expertise and equal amounts of hospitality! If you have ever been in either, you felt better just experiencing the atmosphere of their shops.

I also noticed how cool the doors were on that block, so I have used them as a location for photo shoots in the past. I decided I needed to go back there again, to see how it is changing, so I went back a little before sunset last night and walked up and back taking pictures. Here a just a few of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment