Saturday, July 31, 2010

Small World




I have several friends that are from India, and also some currently living in India as well. Some of them are rather close friends, in fact, which sometimes makes India seem very far away indeed. However I am reminded that we live in a connected world, without which, becoming friends with them in the first place would not have been possible. So as I was walking to my car from the Barnes and Noble's in Triangle Town Center, I noticed one of the metal covers in the sidewalk had "Made in India" stamped into it. A few feet later, there was another one. I walked back and took a picture with my camera phone of both of them(oddly enough I had my Leica M8 with me in a bag, but it was a little misty/rainy, so I decided not to pull it out). On the way back to the car I noticed the manhole cover in the street was also made in India. The world just got a little smaller, and that makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment