Wednesday, December 19, 2012

the Last Ride (walk) of the M8?

It remains to be seen.  I took it out on Tuesday even thought it was a little wet and walked around Acibadem.  I shielded it from the rain as much as possible, but it started acting flaky, and then stopped altogether. I switched to my Panasonic Lumix GF-1 for the rest of the walk, but when I got back and could inspect it, it was still not working. My thought had been that the battery died. the screens and all the menus came back after I opened the bottom plate and left it ti air dry for a few hours with the battery out, but I noticed the next day that it was not recording any images even though it was operating perfectly in all other respects. It is currently recuperating in a bug fullof uncooked rice in the hopes that it will dry out in a day or two.  Am I disappointed? Yes, but you don't buy a camera to put it on a shelf, so you have to take it out into the world and use it. If it goes, at least it went in the line of duty!

SALUTE!

here are the images from the fateful day (enjoy!):
























No comments:

Post a Comment