Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sirkeci


On Saturday, we traveled to Sirkeci, on the European side, to look at camera stores, I saw a lot of great leica gear, but the prices were very dear, and I was mostly just going to look anyway, so I did not buy much except film and dinner. I am shooting a fair amount of film this trip, so there  will hopefully be some more images that will show up after I get back home and have time to get them developed, scanned and edited.  I do like posting some shots as the trip progresses, so it feels like I am sharing it with you in real time (actually, more like tape delay). Also remember if you click on an image, you can see a larger version of it.
 
Anyway.... one of the really cool moments was,  while taking the ferry across the Bosphorous from Uskudar, the seagulls followed the ship to pounce upon the fish that were brough to the surface by the ships wake as well as pieces of bread tossed overboard by the passengers.
 
It was a cold day, but a fun day. I didn't take pictures all day long, but instead pulled out my camera from time to time. I wanted to balance enjoying the day with recording the day.
 
 







 
 



 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, beautiful pictures !! cannot wait for more. Wish you have a great trip.

    rebecca chiu-yen

    ReplyDelete