Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Haw River Canoe Access Site














One of the places I have taken pictures in the past has been at the Haw River. Specifically, the canoe access point where it flows under Hwy 64 in Chatham County. I brought my Leica M8 with the 28mm Elmarit with my Nikon N90. These Images were made with the Leica. I like how it makes me work more slowly and to think a little more about my composition. I brought the Nikon in case there were Kayakers and I needed a longer zoom or the motor drive to catch the action. As there was nobody else around (thought there were several cars there) I shot with the Leica on the way out. I had not been here in a while, and the undergrowth was thicker and the water level lower because ti was summer, but I think I got some nice images in any event.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment