Saturday, August 21, 2010

Give Blood!

This morning, I went by church where they were having a blood drive. As I had some blood I had no plans for today, I decided I should go down and raise a pint for the cause! Of course the best laid plans of mice and men … come to think of it, I had no plan. Well, anyway, my veins were not planning to give up my blood without a fight, and they had to go to the second arm to get any blood at all. I almost joined the two other donors who fainted before I was done (I held on, but not by a whole lot, truth be known) but in the end I was able to emerge victorious having given the gift of life! If you are able, I encourage you to give as well. I always pay a bit of a price because my veins are tough, but to those in need, my sacrifice might be their salvation.
















No comments:

Post a Comment