Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ok… Maybe it was a Mistake!

So I gave blood in the morning, and decided it would be a good idea to go shooting along the Haw River in the heat of the day. Never mind the Red Cross Lady said to not do anything strenuous, to drink plenty of fluids, not to lift anything heavy with my right arm, not to spend too much time in the sun, I figured a bottle of Powerade, some lunch, and I was good to go. Oddly enough, the canopy of the trees were shade, but it was still hot, and hoofing it up and down the trail along the riverside was a kind of exercise, so by the time I was a little ways away from the car, I knew I was getting into trouble. I felt my heart working harder then it should for the amount of effort I was putting out. I started to sweat an felt I was having trouble regulating my temperature, so I headed back. No picture is worth your life, and had I passed out, no telling how long before someone would be wandering by. I had to take a few breaks on the way back (and yes I took a few pictures while I was catching my breath) but I made it back to the car where air conditioning and another Powerade fixed me right up. It all worked out, but it could have worked out different, so I have to admit, in the world of good ideas, this outing was certainly not one of them.

Enjoy the images though!











No comments:

Post a Comment