Monday, January 17, 2011

The Rum Tum Tum of the Drums

Or maybe a Rat-a-tat tat! Part of the motivation for my house cleaning (at least the final stages of it) was that my friend Dan (D2 as he is sometimes referred to here) was coming over to the house to play some music (or jam out, if you prefer) and I had to set up my Drumset in the living room. I normally don't have it set up at all, so I had no designated place for it. In fact it had been about a year since I had picked up a stick at all, most of my time being spent these days on Viola or Oboe when I am playing something. So I was a bit nervous about how much would come back and how long I could hold out stamina-wise. I was not so nervous , however to take some time out to photograph my drums while they were set up (I was nervous, not crazy!). I like my K Zildjian cymbals most of all; they are like the cymbals I hear in my head. I had some Avedis Zildjians when I first started out, but the K's are more the drummer I became as I developed over the years. They sound dark and dry and a little earthy, not quite so bright and shimmery! Love that brass!




 Notice Dr Who playing in the background on the TV!



No comments:

Post a Comment