Sunday, April 6, 2014

Beijing: Olympic Park

Our tour guide abandoned the bus tour by stepping off the bus when it stopped at what, to me anyway, was a random transit bus stop, so I was left with only Zhang Yan to help me figure out where to go once we were there and how to get back to the apartment again.  Fortunately, she came here when the Olympics were in Beijing, so she was familiar with the venues. You could stand in one place and get a picture in front of the swimming venue, the gymnastics venue and the main stadium, which we did.

It was cold and I was ready to go home for the day, but I had one more task I wanted to achieve before I left Beijing. To have a McDonald's hamburger. One of my co-workers tasked me with that because she said I had to compare and report back. Oddly enough, the first two places I went (I tried once after the Beijing zoo and once on this day) did not have any.  Inside the Olympic Park, there was a McDonald's, but they did not have a Big Mac at all, closest thing was meat patties and rice. Just outside, however, I found another one that had one (which is surprising because the Big Mac is front and center on the signs when you walk in, but not to be found in two out of three when you ask for it)






































No comments:

Post a Comment