Saturday, April 5, 2014

Beijing: the Great Wall

We took a  bus trip to the Great Wall on a bus tour which also included the Ming Palace and the Olympic Park. There are several sections of the Great Wall, because it goes from the Mojave desert to the coast, but we went to the Shuiguan section. It is an older section which was nice because some of the newer section were built in the 1970's which hardly has a historic feel to it. The stairs were very steep. My knees were higher than my hip at each step.I was worm out by the top of the first section. After I got my breath back, I saw the next section had steps that were a mix of normal steps and the taller ones. It was a freezing cold day which was good to keep any sweating at bay! All in all it was a great experience and an amazing thing to see.





























Right beside the Great Wall was a graveyard. it had a temple feel about it's organization.

























No comments:

Post a Comment