Monday, January 28, 2013

Mike Stern!

On the flight back from Munich to the States I saw one of my all time heroes: MIKE STERN!  I have been a major fan of his since he showed up on the cover of  Guitar Player magazine in the 80's. Mr Stern is an amazing jazz musician who plays guitar in a variety of styles that are melodic and passionate and funny and clever and informed. I spoke to him briefly on the plane and while waiting for our bags and found him to be a very nice man and a gentleman.  I thanked him for all the music and inspiration as well as all the time he spends on planes and in taxis so we can wake up in our cities and see him and then go to work the next day. He even wished me well before he left the baggage claim area!

It is amazing when you meet one of your all time heroes and he is just as nice a person as you expect him to be! Maybe even nicer! Dreams do come true (sometimes even on a plane from Munich!) I was thrilled for days!







No comments:

Post a Comment