Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Frankie's Fun Park: More Karts and Me too

So lest you think that I only took pictures, I had fun as well.  I gave the camera over to a co-worker and took a ride on the regular track,  so this is a fairly rare chance to see me in other than a self portrait (or I guess in real life you might see me too, but you know what I mean).

 It's a jarring thing for me  to see myself in pictures sometimes. I think that while others have a good self image or a bad self image, I have almost no self image at all, so I always think, "wow! is that what I look like?" and while I might think it is a wonder I am allowed to remain in civilized society and not chased with pitchforks and torches into the woods,  I also realize that to those people who see me regularly, these pics are nothing new, because they see me every day.

 I really do sympathise with people,who shy away from having their picture taken and don't think they look their greatest, but the balance is that the people around us don't care about all that, they just want to see us having fun and remember what a good time they had in our presences.

So as a penance to anyone who ever thought I took a picture of them that they did not like, I will leave in all the pictures of me that I don't especially like even though I could have gone: "delete, delete, OH GOSH, D E L E T E! WITH ALL SPEED , DELETE!" because it's fair and because I had a great time with all of you regardless of whether I looked my absolute best.  I also will say I think Kara did an excellent job of taking them, I just have a little touch of vanity, but I am grateful to her for allowing me to be part of the group in front of the camera for a change. "Pics or it didn't happen," right?

 I did eventually retrieve the camera and took the last few pictures though, it was fun driving the cart and I really don't mind the pictures of me....well.....not  much. (ok now 50 more crunches! that's better!)


oh yeah, the pics:



















No comments:

Post a Comment