Sunday, October 3, 2010

Solas





















Saturday Night I was a party for Tam's birthday at Solas in downtown Raleigh. I had never been there before and thought the lighting and atmosphere was great (especially the fluorescent lighting used on the coffee tables and how it played on Tam's red shoe). I tried to retain as much of that as I could by not using a lot of flash, and my Leica D-Lux4 did a great job, but I did lose a few images to camera shake at low shutter speeds and movement of people in candids. I do think the atmosphere was worth trying to convey, so I don't regret my choices. I used the flash for a few posed shots, so you can see the difference. I hope you agree with me! It was a cool night out in any event and was a great venue. There was even a batchelorette party in the next area that spilled over into ours at one point, leading to the line of the evening which will not be shared. Next time, come if you're invited! Kudos to Dave for putting it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment